IGNOU Scholarship 2024: IGNOU Scholarship is a financial assistance program offered by the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) to support meritorious and economically weaker students pursuing their education through IGNOU University. IGNOU Scholarship is a great opportunity for students from different backgrounds to pursue their education without any financial constraints. Students who are eligible for IGNOU scholarships are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. The scholarship covers tuition fees, examination fees, and other related expenses. The IGNOU Scholarship 2024 is a concept which was started by the university to provide scholarships to students who are pursuing a full-time research course and are enrolled in M.Phil. /Ph.D. Courses.
Latest Update: Dear Students, The Indira Gandhi National Open University Has Released Scholarship Form 2024 For full-time students of M.Phil/Ph.D programme in IGNOU. You Have To Submit a Form Before 22 October 2024.
IGNOU Scholarship 2024
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers a variety of scholarships to students from different backgrounds. These scholarships are designed to financially support meritorious and economically weaker students pursuing their education through IGNOU.
The application process for IGNOU scholarships is online and can be completed through the IGNOU website. Students must submit all the required documents along with their application form. The selection of candidates for IGNOU scholarships is done on the basis of merit and the availability of funds.
|Name of Scheme
|IGNOU Scholarship 2024
|Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India
|Scheduled Castes (SCs),
Scheduled Tribes (STs),
Other Backward Classes (OBCs),
Persons with Disabilities (PwDs),
Economically weaker sections (EWS),
|INR 36,000 annually for girl child INR 30,000 annually for boy child
IGNOU Scholarship 2024 Important Dates
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has not yet announced the important dates for the IGNOU Scholarship 2024. However, based on the previous years’ trends, the following are the expected important dates for the IGNOU Scholarship 2024:
|Online application process begins
|Last date to apply for IGNOU Scholarship 2024
|Shortlist of eligible candidates announced
|Final list of selected candidates announced
|Scholarship amount disbursed to students
Please note that these are just tentative dates and the actual dates may vary. Students are advised to regularly check the IGNOU website for the latest updates on the IGNOU Scholarship 2024.
Types of IGNOU Scholarships 2024
IGNOU offers a variety of scholarships to students from different backgrounds. Some of the most popular IGNOU scholarships include:
- IGNOU Merit Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded to students who have secured high marks in their previous academic examinations.
- IGNOU National Scholarship Scheme for Scheduled Castes (NSS-SC): This scholarship is awarded to SC students who are pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate studies through IGNOU.
- IGNOU National Scholarship Scheme for Scheduled Tribes (NSS-ST): This scholarship is awarded to ST students who are pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate studies through IGNOU.
- IGNOU National Fellowship and Scholarship for Persons with Disabilities (NFSP-PwD): This scholarship is awarded to PwD students who are pursuing undergraduate and postgraduate studies through IGNOU.
- IGNOU Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child (PGIGSSGC): This scholarship is awarded to single girl children who are pursuing postgraduate studies through IGNOU.
- IGNOU ID Card Download 2024, Check Students ID Card @ www.igram.ignou.ac.in
- IGNOU Result December 2023 Updated, Check Marks, Status Online
- IGNOU Result December 2023 Term End Examination, Check Exam Results @ www.ignou.ac.in
- IGNOU Result December 2023 Released, Check Marks @ www.ignou.ac.in
- IGNOU Scholarship 2024 Apply Online, Check Eligibility, Last Date @ www.ignou.ac.in
Students belonging to the following categories are eligible for IGNOU Scholarship:
- Scheduled Castes (SCs)
- Scheduled Tribes (STs)
- Other Backward Classes (OBCs)
- Minority communities
- Persons with Disabilities (PwDs)
- Economically weaker sections (EWS)
If You Have Any Question Regarding IGNOU Scholarship 2024 And Didn’t Get Any Proper Solution By Your Regional Study Center Then Immediately Contact To The New Delhi Headquarter. They Will Help You As Much As Possible.
- University Will Provide Scholarship If You Are Studying In M.Phil And Ph.D. Level Courses on a full-time basis.
- Only Those candidates Can register if he or she is registered with IGNOU for as full-time researcher and a scholar.
Age Limit Details:
Indira Gandhi National University Has Set Some Age Limit For Research Scholarship Scheme.
- The student should not be more than 35 years old to avail the Ph.D. And M.Phil Level Courses Scholarship.
Our Personal Advice: If You Are More Than 35 Year Old And You Have Applied Scholarship Application Form. Your Application Form Will Be Rejected By Authority Department. So, Don’t Waste Your Golden Time To Get Scholarship If You Are 35 Years Old.
Required Documents for IGNOU Scholarship
A: The required documents for IGNOU Scholarship vary depending on the scholarship that you are applying for. However, some common documents include:
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Mark sheets and certificates of previous academic examinations
- Admission letter from IGNOU
IGNOU Scholarship Form Important Details
The process of getting a scholarship is quite easy. The student needs to follow some rules. Few Students Will be Shortlisted For Scholarships And The amount will be given to the students.
- Students who have been shortlisted for M.Phil get a basic scholarship amount of 5000/- per month.
- Students who have been shortlisted for a Ph.D. get a basic scholarship amount of 8000/- per month.
All the scholarship amount is given during the period of the award of IGNOU-RF. This is not, apart from the basic stipend that the scholars get, they are also paid a contingency grant of Rs.8000/- per annum.
- The IGNOU Research Fellowship candidates get leave for 30 days in the normal calendar year.
- These 30 days leaves are apart from all the special and public holidays that a student gets.
The Indra Gandhi National Open University provides an extra advantage to women scholars. Women scholars have a provision to apply for maternity leave as per UGC guidelines at full rates of IGNOU Scholarship once during the tenure of their award. In this way, IGNOU is extremely very supportive of the women students and provides them with full support.
Apply Online IGNOU Scholarship 2024 Application Form
The Indira Gandhi National Open University is an extremely student-friendly university which designs all the procedures keeping in mind the comfort of the students. The application procedure to apply for the IGNOU Scholarship Form is hassle-free. The procedure is as follows:
- To apply for the IGNOU Scholarship Form, the candidates need to browse through the official website of the university, which is the: www.ignou.ac.in
- Then the candidates to fill the application form and courier the form along with the relevant documents to the following address:
Director, Research Unit, CAB Building, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi. Pin-Code: 110068
- The final decision to select or reject the candidates is in the hands of the IGNOU Research fellowship, which is done on an annual basis.
- This process starts with the admission cycle to the end of the research degree programs.
- The two main fellowships for the two categories, one for the male and one for the female are duly reserved for all the children belonging to the Group B and C employees of the university who are currently pursuing the Ph.D. degree on a full-time basis.
- If there comes a case when there are no candidates who belong to the mentioned reserved category, then the research fellowship is open and the final decision will be made by the selection committee by taking into consideration the various criteria.
- The students who are interested and have been recommended for the research fellowship will be required to submit an affidavit in the proper format which has been prescribed by the university.
- The affidavit should properly reflect that in case they accept any remunerative assignment/employment or get any other type of fellowship, they will immediately inform the Research Unit for discontinuation of their IGNOU Research Fellowship.
The Research Fellowship comprises of the selection committee which is the main body that selects or rejects the applicants. The selection committee comprises of the following:
- Director, Research Unit-Chairperson
- Research Programme Co-ordinator (Social Sciences domain)-Member
- Research Programme Co-ordinator (Science and Technology domain)-
- Officer of Research Unit (dealing with fellowship matters)-Convener.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I Get a Scholarship At IGNOU?
Yes, If You Are studying In M.Phil. And Ph.D. level Courses.
What Is The Age Limit For IGNOU Re-Search Scholarship?
The Student Should Not Be More Than 35 Years Old
How Can I Get IGNOU Scholarship?
Visit the Official Website Download Scholarship Application Form And Fill Up It And Submit To The Nearest IGNOU Study Center.
Once the candidate applies for the scholarship, there is an appointed committee which is particularly made to sit to properly screen and examine the application of the candidate. Once the committee has thoroughly gone through the application form, The IGNOU Scholarship Application Form is sent to the Vice-Chancellor for approval.
Official Website: www.ignou.ac.in